Saturday 7 January 2012

Turkish Delight Pizza


The Lounge , 31 Bedford Place, Southampton.

I've walked passed this place quite a few times recently and thought "I need to try lunch there" so as I was passing on my search for somewhere to eat lunch I decided to pop in, I wasn't disappointed.
The interior is a cool, relaxed boho chic the service is friendly and easy going if you like the sort of place where you have time to decide what you want and don't mind waiting a few minutes when it's busy then it will suit you. I do.
The food and drink selection is extensive but with a strong identity it has a very natural home made feel, mainly because most of the food is. I had the Turkish Delight Pizza, a thin crispy flatbread base, secret homemade tomato sauce with a sweet spicy smoky flavour and topped with falafel and mozzarella it was delicious. Washed down with a Fentiman's Ginger Beer and a double espresso it was a highly enjoyable meal and came in at a reasonable £10.45 for those who enjoy a good cup of coffee you will be more than happy, I don't now what they are brewing but it's very good.
Free WiFi makes it a great location for getting online whilst enjoying a drik and a bite to eat.
Apologies for the less than great photos about time to update the iPhone

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment