Friday 2 March 2012

Bakery arrives at West Quay

Bakery arrives in West Quay

Earlier in the week I was told about a fabulous new bakery selling the most amazing cakes, pastries and bread in West Quay, apparently the selection of produce was huge and the portion sizes were enormous. I was interested to say the least and wanted to get an opportunity to visit before this new mecca of baked goods vanished, well finally this morning after a chaotic week I made it and was hugely impressed. The selection of breads is fabulous focaccia to soda bread, bloomers baps and loaves they have it all, bread topped with seeds, with olives, with cheese with vegetables the choice goes on and on. Muffins, tarts, pies and pastries of every shape size and flavour and they are the most generous portion sizes I've ever seen.

I chose a focaccia with black olive and sautéed peppers which had a fantastically light texture and was full of olive flavours with the sweet notes from the pepper, to die for. I had a simple supper of focaccia with a rocket and fennel salad and baby tomatoes, the peppery rocket and aniseed of the fennel lifted the flavours of the focaccia and the fruity acid edge of the tomatoes set the whole meal of perfectly.

For dessert I had a cherry and custard tart light sweet flaky pastry, smooth eggy custard and fruity jam are a perfect combination and left me with a big smile.

The polite, helpful and engaging gentleman who served my made my day when he told me that they would be staying for the foreseeable future, unfortunately because he was on his own and it was very busy we did not have chance to talk further. I will most definitely be back for more bake delights.

Enjoy

No photos from my visit as West Quay Management do not allow any photography without prior notice

Stuart Webster Photography provide Food, Lifestyle and Commercial photography services throughout Hampshire and the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment