Friday 3 February 2012

Nutter Butter


Nutter Butter
A few day's ago I wrote a post on some fabulous new ingredients which I got from a great new supplier Frank Jay and his fabulous store the Chilli Shop, well here is the next instalment from Frank's huge stock list.
Nutter Butter from Snack Jockey Foods is a revelation, quite possibly the best crunchy Peanut Butter I've ever eaten laced with honey and chilli. It is amazing. I tried it first at the Chilli Shop and was immediately blown away it starts off tasting like the best Peanut Butter ever, smooth butter t with great crunchy chunks of peanut. It is noticeably richer and sweeter than ordinary Peanut Butter I guess that is the honey effect. Then the heat starts to build up at the back of your mouth and it builds and it builds it is not a burning horrible heat but more long deep and enjoyable.
Nutter Butter goes well on toast a great kick to start your day and will make a great ingredient for sweet and savoury dishes one of which I have discovered already.


Suppliers
Nutter Butter - Chilli Shop
Coconut Milk - My local Afro Caribbean store
Beef - Wildman John & Sons
Onion, Soy Sauce, Sugar - store cupboard


Ingredients
- 350g Sandwich steak, in strips
- 75ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Nutter Butter
- 1 tsp Dark Soy sauce
- 1/4 Small onion, grated
- Pinch of soft brown sugar or any sugar if you don't have it
- Salt and Pepper to season + a drizzle vegetable oil


Method
Place each of the steaks on an individual kebab skewer, if the steaks are wide cut length ways to get two long thin steaks. You should have at least two skewers per person. Drizzle with oil and season then cook for 10 - 12 minutes at 200c.
Whilst the steaks are cooking add all of the other ingredients to a small pan stirring constantly, once it is hot remove from heat and keep warm.
Once the steaks have had about 10 minutes spoon or brush on the sauce and return to the oven for a further 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has crisped up a little on the top.
Served with some rice and vegetables or as part of a larger Malaysian themed meal.
So that is my first dish with my new discovery Nutter Butter. I am sure there will be more to follow.

Download your recipe card here

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to revisit the marina with all these new finds

    ReplyDelete