Wednesday 18 January 2012

Chicken, bacon, rocket and tomato with blue cheese dressing

Ciabatta

Bacon

Chicken

Dressing

Tomato

Rocket

More dressing

Topped off

Chicken, bacon, rocket and tomato with blue cheese dressing


This came to me this morning when pondering what to do with the remaining bacon from yesterdays post, a slight but far from unique twist on the traditional BLT it is a proper lunch time filler. The combination of crispy bacon, succulent chicken, salt blue cheese and peppery rocket balance well and taste fabulous. In my humble opinion. I am aware there are those out there who do not enjoy the pleasure of blue cheese dressing and for those I'd suggest a BBQ sauce the spicy, smokey flavour will complement the chicken and bacon perfectly.



Ingredients

Cooking time: 30 minutes Serves: 1

- 1 roll, I used chiabatta
- 3 rashers smokey bacon, grilled, backed or fried until crispy
- 2 chicken thighs or 1/2 a breast, pan fried
- Tomatoes and rocket

Blue cheese dressing
- 25g blue cheese, I used Stilton but use your favourite
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 50ml olive oil

Method for dressing
In a separate bowl, mix the blue cheese with the vinegar and the wholegrain mustard. Gradually add the oil, whisking constantly.
Once you've made the dressing or purchased a bottle of BBQ sauce simply layer up as per the photos

Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. One word, blimmin gorgeous!! That's 2 words I know! Didn't think you could actually put weight on reading a blog, think I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks just about spot on! Why did I look... So hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha was about to comment very similar to Matt. Now that's what I call a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story telling shots ;)

    ReplyDelete