Tuesday 17 January 2012

Carbonara


Carbonara

A bit of a classic tonight, Carbonara is just one of those dishes that everyone should know how to make. It's great as a comfort meal for one, a nicely made dinner for two or a family dinner best of all it's super easy and takes almost no cooking, like all my dishes. Rich creaminess, salty bacon and cheesy wonderfulness so many of my favourite things.

Ingredients


Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 1

- 250g pasta
- 6 to 8 button mushrooms, halved
- butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon , chopped
- 2 eggs
- 142ml carton single cream
- 50g Parmesan , finely grated

Method
Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta following the packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat a knob of butter in a small frying pan and cook the mushrooms until golden and remove from pan. Now add the garlic and bacon for 5-7 minutes until golden. Beat together the eggs, cream, most of the Parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.

Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan, off the heat. Add the mushrooms, bacon and egg mixtures and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated. Divide between two bowls then scatter the rest of the Parmesan over, with a grinding of black pepper to serve.

Download your recipe card here

Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. Love.it
    I bet it was delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right I am going to have to start reading this well before I eat tea. As I always catch up early evening having just eaten then feel hungry again. Cheers.

    But seriously another stunning post. Nice one sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throughly enjoying reading your food blog Stuart. You're posts never fail to make me really hungry! Carbonara is one of my favourite dishes, certainly in the top 10. Yours looks perfect and I'm sure it tastes even better (minus the mushrooms!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, my kind of images and meal :)

    ReplyDelete