Thursday 3 November 2011

熱いスープのうどん (Udon noodles with hot broth)




Udon noodles with hot broth, another dish from Japan this is super simple, so tasty and looks fabulous too.


My favourite plump udon noodles, green vegetables with a slight crunch, perfectly prepared hard boiled eggs, prawns and that oh so amazing Miso based broth ( I couldn't get 'dashi' in my local store so changed it for Miso and it works for me, add about 500ml of boiling water to one sachet of Miso. Sweet, sour, salty with a depth that just makes you want to smile and have more and more and more.


Check out the recipe to see how simple this amazing dish is, I challenge any of you to try this one and get it wrong.

For the those who are really stuck, I was the egg should be put into a pan of cold water, bring to the simmer and held there for 7 minutes. This gives you the perfect egg firm white with just a touch of softness in the yolk.

A big thanks to Natalie for that one


Give it a try and if you have any queries leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment