Monday 7 November 2011

italian bread and cabbage soup




Italian bread and cabbage soup this is a fabulous recipe I found on a Jamie Oliver show, its not like any soup I've ever tried before in fact I'm not even sure I made it properly but it tastes great.

I just follow Jamie's recipe with a few amendments I didn't use sourdough bread I used a regular crusty white loaf it still tasted great, I used Mozzarella not Fontina they have a very similar taste and texture when cooked and mozzarella is much cheaper and I used less stock because I just didn't have the space and it was still great.

Probably because I did not use all the stock mine did not come out swimming in the 'soup', however, the bread was lovely and soft and full of soup the cabbage still had some bite and a lovely flavour and the anchovies, bacon and cheese gave it a beautiful deep, salty, smoky flavour.

Give it a try and most importantly, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment