Tuesday 31 January 2012

Laughing Dog

Laughing Dog

A day trip to Brighton lead to some very positive foodie experiences, one will follow in the next few days and has me very excited, the other was equally exciting and here it is.

The Laughing Dog is a fabulous art gallery, uber cool gift shop and most importantly to me chilled out eatery. The sandwiches and savouries looked really tasty the coffee is a rich, smooth, deeply flavourful blend. my cappuccino was made properly dry with a deep layer of foam none of this milky rubbish you get from the high street outlets, it was divine. The cakes looked so tasty I had to have two, the Rose & Raspberry Sponge was nothing less than heavenly properly home made with depth of flavour, sweet smooth buttery notes in the icing with hint of Rose and lashings of Raspberry jam. It would be fare to say I enjoyed it. The Strawberry meringue was equally as impressive inside the crumbly out shell was chewy strawberry flavoured wonderfulness and yes I finished that too.

The service was friendly, engaging and attentive without feeling pressured and certainly left me feeling like I'd be back for more.

Brighton Marina may feel a little out of the way and a little quiet at times but when you get great food, great service and space to enjoy it that is all good.

6 comments:

  1. Great little set of pics Stuart. Love the coffe shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Lel, jusr going over some old posts and saw your comment, you've probably found it by now but the Laughing Dog is at Brighton Marina near the gallery. I'm sure Kirstie will point you in the right direction.

      Delete
  3. Loving the pics Stu - loving the thought of the food even more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images, as ever I'm now hungry...

    ReplyDelete